In a time where we must practice social distancing, it can be hard to find alternative recreational activities to keep us busy. We think we found the perfect activity to keep you and yours entertained for a few hours. So buckle up, and pack some snacks!
Six Flags Great Adventure’s drive-thru Safari reopened on May 30. Those wishing to attend will be able to drive their own car along a five-mile route through the theme park’s 350-acre safari, with the chance to see 1,200 animals.
The Safari will operate daily between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Admission to the Safari is $19.99 per person, and tickets must be purchased ahead of time. Tickets are available on their website; and Reservations are required before entry.
Click here to reserve tickets.
The drive-through’s reopening comes with new safety guidelines put in place by Six Flags. The rules include:
- All vehicle doors, windows and convertible tops must always remain closed .
- No feeding or touching the animals.
- No smoking, littering, or stopping (unless stopping to yield to an animal.)
- Only cars, SUV’s and pick-up trucks with empty beds will be allowed.
- The speed limit is 5 mph, and an appropriate distance must be maintained from the animals and between each vehicle.
- One must always remain in your vehicle .
Six Flags warns that any guests who violate the regulations will be removed from the park without a refund and possibly prosecuted.
Have a fun and safe time!